Tuesday, November 16, 2010

2011 Ready or Not...Here It Comes!!!

Are you ready for 2011? It's just around the corner!

Every October I start thinking about what my business has looked like the past year, how I want it to look next year, and start setting my goals for the following year. By the end of November, I have them finalized and on paper. I'll start implementing them mentally in December, so that by January I'm pumped and ready to make it all happen.

When business planning one should consider personal goals, economic model (personal & business), business growth planning, and how to reward oneself through the year as specific targets are met. Goals should be something one enjoys, maybe it's going on a vacation with family, taking a few extra days off, a shopping spree (that's in the budget), a weekend with friends, or just a nice long movie marathon weekend. Whatever it is...make sure you actually REWARD yourself. Don't meet your goals and then never allow yourself to be rewarded. After all, what's the point of working hard if you don't have a reward?

I'm very excited about my newest added benefit to 2011: all the same planning processes with new goals, but this year I've added a very important feature...an Accountability Partner. There's nothing like having someone that has the same mindset of growing a business. I love the Keller Williams Mission Statement: To build careers worth having, businesses worth owning, and lives worth living!

Once my accountability partner & I have all our goals finalized we are going to hand off a full copy of our goals to another. We'll talk on a regular basis to keep each other purposeful in business and our family lives.

Do you have an Accountability Partner? No matter what your business, goals, or lifestyle there is an added benefit to having someone to talk to on a regular basis. Maybe this is a good friend you've know for years, or maybe it's someone you just met. But, be careful...not everyone is a good match for you. It may take several tries to find the right connection. It'll have to be someone that is willing to tell you to get off your duff and make it happen, keep you motivated and a like mindset.

Don't be afraid to allow someone to get to know you, they may become your best advocate!

2011 get ready, because here I come!

Aiming HIGH! Succeeding! Exceeding! Those are my goals...what are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment